On my spiritual and emotional healing journey I have heard of the Kundalini awakening. I and I believe many people assume it is only about our sexual energy awakening but my guides tell me it is much more than that and has asked me to write and research this topic of the Kundalini awakening.
The Kundalini awakening is actual a spiritual term that people who practice yoga and meditation have experienced and has brought into our awareness. It is one of a spontaneous spiritual awakening that people may experience.
It is described as a snake coiled up at the root chakra or the tail bone that uncoils and this energy will begin to move up your spinal column. It arises to open up your chakras and activate the energy field of your body. This energy then pushes out the cellular memory that no longer vibrates of the awakening within.
I have personal witnessed a Kundalini awakening in a Reiki attunement I was giving to one of my students. The energy was surging through her body and as it was she began to move and become fluid right before my eyes. At the time I didn’t know what was happening to her but I knew her spiritual journey was about to take a shift in her life. As I witnessed this awakening I held a sacred spot for her to experience the awakening within her body. It was truly a beautiful experience to witness.
Not all of us will have an experience like this because there are many ways for this awakening to happen. This awakening will happen to us all but we will all have a different experience based on who we are and where we are in our journey.
Whenever we begin this spiritual awakening through the Kundalini or an attunement you may experience what we call a spiritual flu or flu like symptoms. This happens when there are tons of stuff that is shifting within in a very short period of time. There is a massive shift in our energy as old programs, patterns and beliefs are shifting out and new ones come in our bodies and we may experience physical symptoms such as flu like symptoms.
This spiritual awakening we call the Kundalini is about opening and clearing our Chakras, the energy centers of our physical body. It is a healing of shut down and/or blocked chakras which could have happened to us in our lives through some sort of abuse whether emotional or physical. As this energy moves up through our spine it begins to heal and push out energy that no longer serves us in our highest and best on this spiritual journey we are on.
There are many symptoms reported from a spiritual awakening or a shift in our awakening whether it is a kundalini awakening or another name, label or belief out there that we have given it. Here is a list of some of these symptoms that may be experienced in this awakening.
- Involuntary jerk, tremors, shaking, itching, tingling and crawling sensations especially in the arms and legs. (This is what I have witnessed in my Reiki students)
- There is intense heat or cold sensations in the chakras.
- There is a rush of energy or a feeling of electricity circulating in the body
- There has been reports of visions, sounds.
- Sexual energy leading to a state of whole body orgasm. (This is where the belief that the kundalini awakening is a sexual awakening)
- Emotional ups and downs, unwanted or repressed feelings or thoughts become dominant in your conscious mind. (This happens as to bring to the front your hidden beliefs to be healed and released)
- You may experience pressure and/or pain in your skull. Energy swirling around your third eye area.
- Increase blood pressure or irregular heart-beat. (Please if this happens get it checked by a physician it actual could be a serious problem. I have witnessed many healers believing they are having a spiritual experience when in fact they were really suffering from a serious and complicated disease and some have lost their lives because of it)
- Emotional numbness, antisocial tendencies, mood swings with periods of depression or mania. (Again please verify this with a physician that there is nothing serious for you to be concerned about)
- Pain in different parts of your body, especially the back and neck. Sensitivity to light, sound and touch.
- Trancelike and altered states of consciousness, periods of insomnia or oversleeping.
- Loss of appetite or overeating. (Many will gain weight as a form of trying to anchor themselves)
- A feeling of bliss, of infinite love and a universal connection.
As you see the kundalini awakening and the symptoms are like many other spiritual awakening symptoms. This is why I said not all will have this type of awakening as there are many ways you may experience this spiritual awakening many have experienced and many more are about to experience.
I believe that the most important thing is not to compare your experience with others. Your spiritual journey is unique to you. It is unique to you because no one has walked your life or had your experiences in this life. Another thing is not to be afraid of this process because it is a journey and the process of healing aspects of ourselves as we evolve and grow.
I have had many of these experiences and all at different times in my journey. As I remove layer after layer of conditioning, beliefs, programs, patterns that has been passed down to me I know I may experience one or more of these symptoms above at any time. What I have learned is not to fight it and to honor these feelings and emotions and as I do they heal and I finally feel whole and at peace for the first time in my life.
Mystic Pam Jackson